Easy salad with roasted paneer, tomato and eggplant served on a bed of greens. Yum! The recipe was inspired by Meera Sodha’s “East”.
- 250 g paneer (or tofu for vegans) , cut in big cubes
- 250 g tomatoes, cut in quarters ot baby tomatoes
- 250 g eggplant, cut in big cubes
- 100 g shallots, peeled
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tbsp olive oils
- Mix of greens (lettuce, spinach)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Michael’s mustard, http://www.thecuisinecollective.com/michaels-beer-honey-mustard/ or
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard + 1/2 tbsp olive oil + 1tsp honey + water
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Toss paneer, tomatoes, eggplant, shallots and garlic in olive oil and salt.
- Transfer the above onto the baking tray and bake for 30-45 minutes at 200C. Alternatively, you can air-fry it for 30 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Assemble a mix of salads on a plate.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients.
- Once done, let the veggies cool down for 10 minutes. After this, spread them over your mix of salads and drizzle your dressing of choice. Lastly, sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.