This sauce is super tasty and super quick, it’s done in the time it takes to cook your pasta so from start to finish it’s a 15 minute meal. Adding tofu is anything but traditional but it’s a great option for pasta lovers who like a little more protein in their meal. Blending the sauce instead of slowly cooking it is also unorthodox but it’s great for people on the go and it still packs a punch because of the big flavors involved. An easy vegan alternative would be to omit the anchovies and sprinkle nutritional yeast instead of grated parmesan to serve.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400 grams fresh tomatoes (or can of peeled tomatoes)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 dessert spoon capers
- 4 Anchovy fillets (canned)
- 2 whole chillis, stem removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 grams soft tofu
- 320g your pasta of choice
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add your pasta of choice, I prefer spaghetti for this. 80-90 grams per person.
- Put all of the ingredients above into a blender apart from the tofu and salt/pepper which is kept until the end. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Once blended, transfer the sauce to a pan and heat. Season with salt & pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix in your sauce. Now add in your tofu and mix in with the pasta and sauce.
- Serve with some grated parmesan cheese.